- Get a precise idea about the factory’s organization, products, equipment, etc.
- Verify the factory’s social standard compliance and local regulations in depth:
- Child labor, legal right to work, non discrimination.
- Involuntary labor, freedom of association.
- Working hours.
- Fire prevention, chemical hazards, protective equipment (in the factory and in dormitories).
- Environmental policy.
A trained auditor, familiar with SA8000 requirements and with local labor law.
From 650 USD per day of work in main areas of operations
The QCP approach
At the audit’s conclusion, QCP attributes a score to the facility. A scoring standard and goal is not revealed in advance to the supplier to avoid “quickie temporary cleanup” which results in future non-compliant consequences.